Tuesday, October 20, 2009

We have our fingerprint appointments!



Woohoo! I feel a little weird being so excited over fingerprint appointments, but it means that we are one step closer to getting our little girl! We are scheduled to go in on November 2nd at 10:00 in the morning.

The fundraising sale was better than I ever imagined it could be even with Friday being really cold and rainy! $500 was raised for the adoption through the sale and from generous donations. One lady said she saw our signs and that she couldn't stay but just wanted to give us a donation. She said she had 6 adopted children from Indiana and gave me a $20.00 bill. Then she left. Wow. The generosity of friends and strangers is amazing. I actually really enjoy having yard sales because of all the interesting people we get to meet and talk with. God certainly had His hand in our sale again. I had hoped to make $500, but really didn't ask God for it. I just prayed that it would be as successful as He wanted it to be and that we would get to meet others who we could talk to about adoption and about Him - and we did. We wouldn't have met the $500 mark either except our very last customers bought a stove from us for $75.00, which put us over the five hundred dollars that I had silently hoped for. Later, Kevin told me that he had hoped for that much as well. God is amazing, isn't He?

The puzzle is coming along as another 8 pieces were added to it with two separate donations - Thank you! We tried to match up pieces to make it a little more interesting to look at. I'm excited to get it finished and put up in the girl's room as it really is a cute puzzle.

I want to say a special thank you to my good friend, Sarah. I never could have gotten everything ready for the sale without your help. I really appreciate it.

In His name,

The Burgess family

No comments:

Post a Comment