Friday, July 27, 2012

?


I put the question mark in the title, because I couldn't decide what to call this post.  See, I just got done reading a little bit on another blog and was a overwhelmed with emotions.  I think, that in this land of America, most of us are so comfortable and we have such cushy lives, that it is really, really easy to forget about our Father and not to lean on Him for all of our daily needs.  I believe that's one of the reasons why so many missionaries go to other countries - because there people realize they need Jesus.  We don't (I am being facetious here).  We just need our weekly paychecks to pay for our mortgages, cars, pools, parties...

And while we are living our cushy lives, it is so easy to forget about, to not care about, to not even think about or pray for those who are really suffering.  And they are suffering.  The post I read was about a little girl in another country with Down Syndrome.  She is eleven years old.  She weighs 10 pounds.  It's obvious she was left alone.  Hardly fed.  Not hugged.  Not loved.  Not given nourishment for her body and her mind and her spirit.

But one family is bringing her home.  In one day, yes one day, over $23,000 was raised to help this little girl.  A plea went out to help the family and prayers were answered.  This one little girl is getting help.  But what about the others?  The ones that are left behind?

How much am I and my family really doing in the name of Christ?  Is it enough?  Can we do more?

How much are you doing in the name of Christ?

Are you doing anything?
 
Please, take a moment and follow the link below.  It is my prayer that at least one who reads this has their heart not just touched, but will take action on behalf of orphans as well. 

Please take a look and pray for this precious girl

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment