Friday, October 7, 2011

Waiting on the paperwork

I realized a bit ago that I should have posted an update here before now!  We decided to go ahead and update our home study so we could be approved for up to 9 years old, and about two weeks ago we had our social worker write up an addendum/update for us.  As soon as she got that done, Kevin picked it up and brought it home.  We signed the papers, scanned them in and emailed them to our agency.  Nichole (from agency) then sent them on to Colombia to their translator, hoping to get a head start on the translating of the paperwork.  Next,  Kevin overnighted the paperwork to USCIS in Texas. 

On Tuesday, October 4th at 3:30 in the morning, Kevin received a text saying our application/petition had been received and was routed to the National Benefits Center for processing.  It said that within 7 - 10 days by standard mail we will receive our official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with our Receipt Number.  I know that's how it worked with our original I800 paperwork, but I'm not sure if it will be the same with this update.  I think I'll give them a call on Monday to ask about the process.  Oh, Kevin usually leaves his cell phone in the kitchen at night, but for some reason he had brought it upstairs with him that night.  In the morning I had to ask him if he had really told me in the middle of the night that we had received the email or if I had just been dreaming!

We haven't received any more information on the children other then they are pretty healthy.  It sounds like we won't learn anything else until after we get this new paperwork translated and into ICBF's (Colombia's Welfare Institute) hands.

In the mean time, we are having a fundraising yard sale!  The weather has been absolutely beautiful, couldn't ask for anything better.  Thank you to all our friends who have helped organize and offered to bring and/or brought tables for the sale.  They have made it a lot nicer!  Also, to my friend who has brought over not one but two meals for us to eat during the sale - THANK YOU!  You are a wonderful example, and I plan to set one corner of my freezer aside so I can have ready-made freezer meals prepared and ready to give to someone who needs one (or two!).

In His name,

Karen

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful how someone's thoughtfulness inspires us to be thoughtful in our own time, and great that you have friends like that when you are so busy with the adoption process.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete