Monday, November 30, 2009

Dossier is almost on its way!

At 11:00 last night we pulled into our driveway in Indiana after a 6 hour drive back from visiting family and friends in Michigan. As soon as the car stopped I got out and went to look on our front porch. We were expecting a Fed-ex package with the last piece of paper we had to have authenticated before we could send our whole dossier to our agency for review (and then it goes to China!). I was a little disappointed to see that it wasn't there, but I figured it would be here in a few days. We got the kids settled in bed and unpacked the car, then went to well-welcomed sleep ourselves.


This morning as I was walking by the front door I happened to glance outside. There was a newspaper on the front porch so I figured I would bring it inside. I opened the door and something caught my eye between the main door and the storm door - it was our Fed-ex package! Yeah! It must have been there the night before, but I didn't see it in the dark - and Fed-ex doesn't normally put it between the doors - but I'm glad they did this time! Now we just have a few more items to put together, and we can send our dossier on its way to our agency. We have to get a family picture, a picture of Kevin and myself, a picture of two more rooms in our house, one photo of the front of our house, and two passport photos of myself (Kevin already has his). Our plan is to have the complete package sent out on Wednesday!

Below is an updated picture of the puzzle. Thank you to those who have recently donated from Washington, West Virginia, and Iraq!


In His name,

The Burgess Family

No comments:

Post a Comment