Monday, March 2, 2009

Shh... don't tell Kevin... It's a surprise!

I finally did it. I have my own blog. (Shh... don't tell Kevin... He doesn't know that I am doing this, and I am going to surprise him!) I have wanted to have a blog for so long now, but I was always a bit scared about writing something that could cause offense. I finally talked myself out of worrying about that though - if/when it happens, well, I'll deal with it then. Until then... I'm going to enjoy this!

A little about our family: Kevin and I have been married for 12 years and we have 3 biological children. Now I know it is a little out of the ordinary to put that word "biological" in front of "children", but there is a reason for that. We have been led down the path to adopt a child (and hopefully more) internationally. We have a lot of love in our hearts for more children - and a lot of empty chairs at our dining room table! When we sit down as a family for a meal together, it often seems like there are children missing because of the empty seats.

Carissa, who will be 11 on Wednesday, and Laurel, who is 7, are very excited to add another member to our family. They don't really have a preference for a new brother or sister, they would just like one that is as little as possible! Tyler, who is 9, well, he would love to have a brother, but he said it would be okay if he got another sister - as long as she liked doing things like playing marbles. He really wants a brother to share his room with and one that he can play rough with. Either way, I think he will do great.

Just a disclaimer on my part: I have a habit of writing "books" on my emails so I can only imagine how long my blog posts might be in the future. (smile!) I cannot be held responsible for loss of eyesight or for the dishes not getting done because my posts are so long...

In His name,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment